Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production
SELECTED RESEARCH AREAS UNDER SDG-12
‣ By 2030, halve per capita global food waste at the retail and consumer levels and reduce food losses along production and supply chains, including post-harvest losses.
‣ National recycling rate, tons of material recycled.
‣ Encourage companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and to integrate sustainability information into their reporting cycle.
‣ Number of companies publishing sustainability reports.
‣ Promote public procurement practices that are sustainable, in accordance with national policies and priorities.
‣ By 2030, ensure that people everywhere have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature.
‣ Extent to which (i) global citizenship education and (ii) education for sustainable development (including climate change education) are mainstreamed in (a) national education policies; (b) curricula; (c) teacher education; and (d) student assessment.
‣ Develop and implement tools to monitor sustainable development impacts for sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products.
‣ Number of sustainable tourism strategies or policies and implemented action plans with agreed monitoring and evaluation tools